Duvall Historical Society
Duvall Historical Society

Gift Shop

Please contact us to purchase any of our publications or other gift shop items:
Mailing Address: DHS, PO Box 385, Duvall, WA 98019
Email:

A Livable Community: The Story of Duvall
A Livable Community: The Story of Duvall
by Allen Miller and Don Williams, 2007
$10.00 + SH

"A history of the town of Duvall, starting with the Snoqualmie tribe that preceded the arrival of white people in the Valley and concluding with the city that emerged into the 21st century."



Duvall Immigrant
Duvall Immigrant
by Ralph Taylor
$15.00 + SH


Hi Times of the 1930's
Hi Times of the 1930's
$15.00 + SH


Wagon Wheel Volume II
Wagon Wheel Volume II
$10.00 + SH

"Vignettes of Duvall's Historical Past"



Wagon Wheel Volume III
Wagon Wheel Volume III
$15.00 + SH

"Vignettes of Duvall's Historical Past"



Digging Duvall's Past
Digging Duvall's Past
by Allen Miller, 2007
$8.00 + SH



2015 Holiday Ornament
Thayer Barn
$10.00 + SH

Frank and Lottie Thayer came from Paxton, NB in 1902. They farmed – milking cows and raising grain and hay. About 1905, they moved to a farm south of Duvall. A small herd of Jersey and Guernsey milk cows provided fresh milk and cream for the market and family. Son, Otis, continued to farm the property. The big Thayer Barn was built in the 1930’s, and was used until 1968. The Barn has been demolished and parts saved for future building. Duvall Foundation for the Arts plan to develop a Community Arts Center.




2014 Holiday Ornament
Cherry Valley Shingle Mill
$10.00 + SH

The most well-know shingle mill in the lower valley was the Cherry Valley Shingle mill. It operated from 1911 until 1925 and was located on the riverbank at present-day Taylor Landing Park. It employed about 40 men when the town population was less than 300. Boxcars were loaded with shingles for shipment all over the country. A dynamo was installed and the mill also became a source of electricity and water for the town.



Old Duvall Library
2013 Holiday Ornament
Old Duvall Library
$10.00 + SH

This Duvall Library, now Duvall's Visitor Center, was built in 1935 on land donated by the City, and constructed by Relief Administration workers from materials from a demolished building. The small building was said to be a warm and cozy place with a pot bellied stove and a comfortable couch, and 900 books. In the 1920's the Civic Club started a circulating library from donated books and books that they purchased. Even after this Library became part of the King County Library System, the Club continued to support the library for all the years of its existence.



Duvall Centennial 1913-2013
Duvall Centennial 1913-2013
2012 Holiday Ornament
Duvall Centennial 1913-2013
$10.00 + SH

Main Street 2012 Stores pictured are:
1. A.P. Manion Hardware
(everything from farm machinery to logging supplies
2. Manion Furniture Annex
3. Brown’s Confectionary and Pool Hall
(candy, cigars, fruit, soda fountain, newspapers, sports goods)
4. Moody’s Dry Goods
In 1925 this block was destroyed by fire. This corner building now holds the Quilter’s Garden, and Match Wine among other businesses.



Duvall Train Depot
2011 Holiday Ornament
Duvall Train Depot
$10.00 + SH

Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Depot at Duvall 1911-1946. In 1955, the Depot was bought and restored by Ray Burhen. In 1990 the Depot was given to the City and moved from near the bridge to its site at Depot Park.



Early Logging Truck
2010 Holiday Ornament
Early Logging Truck
$10.00 + SH

A 1930’s logging truck hauling a one-log load. Trees this size were taken to a mill with saws big enough to cut them into lumber. Now mills handle only smaller size logs and so trucks can haul many logs at once.



Cherry Valley School
2009 Holiday Ornament
Cherry Valley School
$10.00 + SH

Built in front of the little two-room school, the new three-story Cherry Valley Elementary School opened in the fall of 1910. The large, roomy building contained rooms for all eight grades, plus a luncheon, manual training class, and indoor lavatories. The lower two floors are now apartments across the road from the Dougherty House.



Black Prince
2008 Holiday Ornament
Black Prince
$10.00 + SH

The Black Prince was one of the river steamboats that serviced communities up and down the Snoqualmie River. It delivered and picked up goods for residents up and down the valley in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s.


Top banner photo: Storefronts, Downtown Duvall